- EventJoe Shear Classic 200 Presented by Keen Parts
- DATESunday Afternoon, May 1, 2022
- Racing / Qualifying2:00 PM / 12:45 PM (*tentative)
- Race Length200 Laps / Controlled Pit Stops
- TRACK PHONE(608) 835-9700
- Track ADDRESS1122 Sunrise Road, Oregon, WI 53575
— Midwest Tour (@MidwestTour) April 24, 2022
Madison Int'l Speedway
A $15,000 payday awaits the winner of the Joe Shear Classic 200 at Madison International Speedway on Sunday afternoon May 1. The Stars and Cars of the ARCA Midwest Tour will battle for 200 laps in their season opening event on ‘Wisconsin’s Fastest Half Mile’ trying to best the 28 car feature field, which pays $1,500 to start.
The first track on this location was installed in the early 1950’s and was a quarter-mile dirt track. It was operated by local service organizations at first and was known as the Oregon Legion Speedway for several years. The track featured weekly racing throughout the summer and was one of two tracks located in southern Dane County with the other being a track located just west of Paoli.