- DATESunday Afternoon, May 6, 2018
- Racing / Qualifying2:00 PM / 12:45 PM (*tentative)
- Race Length200 Laps / Controlled Pit Stops
- TRACK PHONE(608) 835-9700
- Track ADDRESS1122 Sunrise Road, Oregon, WI 53575
Madison Int'l Speedway
The 2018 season will open on Sunday afternoon May 6th with the running of the Joe Shear Classic 200 at Madison International Speedway in Oregon, Wisconsin. Last year, Andrew Morrissey became the second driver to become a two-time winner of the event on ‘Wisconsin’s fastest half-mile oval.”
The first track on this location was installed in the early 1950’s and was a quarter-mile dirt track. It was operated by local service organizations at first and was known as the Oregon Legion Speedway for several years. The track featured weekly racing throughout the summer and was one of two tracks located in southern Dane County with the other being a track located just west of Paoli.