- DATESunday Afternoon, May 5, 2019
- Racing / Qualifying2:00 PM / 12:45 PM (*tentative)
- Race Length200 Laps / Controlled Pit Stops
- TRACK PHONE(608) 835-9700
- Track ADDRESS1122 Sunrise Road, Oregon, WI 53575
Madison Int'l Speedway
The season will begin on Sunday afternoon May 5 at Madison International Speedway for the 200 lap, $10,000 to win Joe Shear Classic. The past two seasons, race fans have flocked to ‘Wisconsin’s Fastest Half Mile’ and been rewarded with tremendous battles, last year a first time winner, Austin Nason, wrestled his way into victory lane.
The first track on this location was installed in the early 1950’s and was a quarter-mile dirt track. It was operated by local service organizations at first and was known as the Oregon Legion Speedway for several years. The track featured weekly racing throughout the summer and was one of two tracks located in southern Dane County with the other being a track located just west of Paoli.